Lamaze class approach highlights the natural and healthy child way of the birth process. Lamaze does not support or discourage the use of medicines and any routine medical interventions during the time of labor and delivery. They inform mothers to be about the options so that they can make choice or take decision for their labor and delivery. Lamaze also focuses on building up your confidence and talking about how to keep the birth of your baby safe and simple.
Topics covered under the Lamaze Class:
Lamaze is a small class which consists of few sessions on following topics:
- Breathing techniques during labor
- Support during labor
- Information about normal labor, birth and early postpartum care
- Different methods to position yourself for birth and labor
- Practicing relaxation with the help of internal and external focal points
- Relaxation and massage techniques to ease the pain
- Communication skills
- Medical procedures
- Healthy lifestyle choices
What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing supports relaxed natural childbirth education approach by self-hypnosis techniques. The guide focuses on the pregnancy and birth of the child as well as pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. Hypnobirthing is a program built around an educational process which includes relaxation, visualization, special breathing, meditative practice, awareness about nutrition and positive toning of the body.
Hypnobirthing is a more comprehensive birthing class and covers following apart from regular antenatal class:
- Breathing techniques which help in childbirth
- How to reduce the need for medication
- How to be confident while dealing with medical staff, what to ask them and when to ask them?
- How to release the fears about childbirth that you might be having?
- How to reduce the risk of needing an episiotomy during childbirth with simple massage methods.
- How to start easy labor with simple and natural techniques?
- How to relax and calm down yourself at the time of childbirth?